What is special about this course?
This course is designed to provide you with the underpinning knowledge and practical skills needed to be a skilled craftsperson in forestry.
- You should be a minimum preferred age of 17 by 1 January 2019
- 3 passes at General Standard Grade/National 4
- Have an interest in working in woodland conservation and management
- All applicants are invited to interview.
Subjects include -
- Chainsaw training
- Tractor driving
- Tree planting
- Tree identification
- Tree felling
- Health and safety
How will I study my course?
- Full Time
How long will my course last?
Where can I study my course?
- Scottish School of Forestry
For the latest information on fees please see our fees policy.
Bursary or EMA (Educational Maintenance Allowance)
What can I do on completion of my course?
- NPA Woodland Operations
- HNC/D Forestry
- HNC/D Arboriculture and Urban Forestry
- Working within the forestry industry
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.