What is special about this course?
The programme will develop your practical skills, knowledge and understanding of the social and productive values of woodland. It allows students considering a career in forestry to experience a taster of higher level study in this sector.
- You should be a minimum preferred age of 17 by 1 January 2019
- 3 passes at Intermediate 2/National 5 at A or B, or Standard Grade Credit
- Direct entry also possible from Certificate in Forestry, subject to interview
- All candidates will be invited to interview
- Coppiced woodlands
- Green woodworking
- Mobile saw-milling
- Countryside woodwork
- Forest ecology
- Forest machinery maintenance
How will I study my course?
- Full Time
How long will my course last?
Where can I study my course?
- Scottish School of Forestry
For the latest information on fees please see our fees policy.
Bursary or EMA (Educational Maintenance Allowance)
What can I do on completion of my course?
- HNC/D Forestry
- HNC/D Arboriculture and Urban Forestry
- Working within the forestry/conservation industry
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.