What is special about this course?
The course covers major areas of biology ranging from cellular to whole organism and up to ecosystems. The key areas of biodiversity, interdependence, body systems and cells and inheritance are developed through the course.
Nationl 5 Bioloy is a one-year course designed to build on knowledge and understanding carried out at Standard Grade/National 4 level so as to lead on to Higher Grade Biology or Higher Grade Human Biology.
- Standard Grade Biology at grade 3 or above, or
- Pass in National 4 Biology, or
- Pass in Intermediate 1 Biology, together with:
- Equivalent of Standard Grade English and Maths at grade3 or above.
You will study:
- Cell Biology
- Biology: Multicellular Organisms
- Biology: Life on Earth
How will I study my course?
- Full Time
- Part Time
How long will my course last?
Where can I study my course?
- Inverness Campus
For the latest information on fees please see our fees policy.
Bursary or EMA (Educational Maintenance Allowance) if studying full time along with other subjects
What can I do on completion of my course?
- Further and higher education courses
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.