What is special about this course?
Inverness College UHI prides itself in the partnership working with employers across the region to support the development of apprentices.
This course combines work-based learning with the first year undertaken at the new campus premises. In the second year and subsequent years we support each student through their learning journey in their place of work to understand a student's needs and the needs of the employer.
The course is supported by our team of industrial experienced assessors who advise and guise students and employers to meet the individual training needs.
- Applications are accepted via employers only
- Must be employed in a relevant discipline
- It is preferable that candidates have all core skills at Intermediate level 1
- National 4 passes in English, maths a science subject
- Plus an engineering related subject is preferred.
Over the course of this 4 year apprenticeship, candidates will work to achieve the SVQ Level 2 in Performing Engineering Operations, a related National Certificate and SVQ Level 3 in a related discipline.
The modern apprenticeship provides a wide range of qualification pathways to equip trainees with the necessary skills and knowledge required for maintenance/manufacture roles.
- Mechanical maintenance
- Electrical maintenance
- Mechanical/electrical maintenance
- Manual machining processes
- CNC machining processes
- Welding processes
- Fabrication processes
The above combination of subject areas can be tailored to suit your organisational requirements.
How will I study my course?
- Work based
How long will my course last?
Where can I study my course?
- Employers Premises
For the latest information on fees please see our fees policy.
What can I do on completion of my course?
- HNC Fabrication, Welding and Inspection
- HNC Engineering Practice
- HNC Engineering Systems
- HNC in Manufacturing Engineering *Subject to approval
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.