Get on it


January full time courses

Starting from 20th January 2014 we are running:

Introduction courses :

Access courses :


Pathways to Study and Preparation for the Uniformed and Emergency Services:


National Progression Awards (NPAs)


Use our online form or call 01463 273000 to book now.

Places are capped and we have a minimum number to recruit or courses are cancelled, so book early to avoid disappointment.


Fees and funding

For more details about bursaries, entitlements and discretionary funds click here

Support with your learning

If you have a disability or a learning difficulty our additional support staff can provide you with extra support to assist you in your studies. Click here for more details.

Career advice

If you are not sure which course is right for you, why not ask our Guidance Team or come to the Open Evening November 27th at 5 - 7, Longman Campus.


Q: Which course is right for me?

A: The college staff will be happy to give you advice about courses, study options and funding which may be available. Attending the college open evenings and speaking to staff will help you make your choice.

Q: I have chosen a course that I would like to study. How do I apply?

A: You can download the application form from the website, collect a form from the college reception or phone us and we will send one out to you. If you need advice about completing the form the Guidance Team will be happy to help.

Q: There are two courses that I would like to study but I’m not sure which course to choose. What should I do?

A: You should apply for all the courses that you would like to study. You can discuss each course further with the course tutor at the interview stage or beforehand by contacting the college on 01463 273000 where you will be advised further.

Q: I am currently receiving job seekers allowance benefit but I would like to study full time. Will this affect my benefit?

A: You will lose your benefit if you study full time. However, you will be able to study on a part time basis and keep your benefit.

Q: What if I am receiving benefits?

A: If you are receiving a means tested benefit then you may be eligible to have your fee waived for some part time courses. For a full time course please contact the Guidance Team. Evidence of benefit is required.

Q: I would like to study at Inverness College but I live too far away to travel each day. What are my options?

A: The college does not have Halls of Residence but The Guidance Team produce an accommodation list which features flats and rooms to let in the area. Contact T: 01463 273000 for a copy to be sent to you. There are also courses you can study from home by distance learning.

Q: I would like to attend a course but I think that I will need help with essay writing. Is there any help available?

A: Additional help is available. We offer support in a range of areas, including essay writing. You will be able to sit down with a member of staff and work out a learning plan to suit your needs. Please indicate on your application form if you would like help from this service.

Q: Do I have to study full time?

A: Most college courses allow the opportunity to study on a part time basis. Contact the college if you want to discuss this with the course tutor.

Q: How much will it cost?

A: If you enrol on a full time course, normally you will not have to pay fees. Students on further education courses must apply for a college Bursary/EMA.

Q: Is there help if I have a disability or learning difficulty?

A: During your course you may feel that there are gaps in your education, or difficulties because of a disability, that interfere with your learning. If you feel that you need help with your study skills we can offer you individual support. Please let us know you need support on your application form.

Q: How will I learn?

A: A lot of college courses include a practical element and many also include work experience in addition to class teaching. You will also be given projects and assignments to undertake outwith class time and many students make the use of the facilities in the Learning Centre to complete this work.

Q: What happens at the end of my course?

A: You can go on to further study, or you may decide to find employment. The course information in this prospectus gives you an idea of what courses you can go on to study or the types of jobs you might be able to go into. The college can help with your job search skills and careers advice and guidance.

Sign Up For A Workshop