Modern Apprenticeship: Diploma for Information Security Professionals SCQF 6
The business services sector has been identified in Scotland's economic strategy as a growth sector.
- Instil your company’s values whilst training
- Motivate existing staff by investing in the workforce and providing supervisory opportunities
- Develop up to date and relevant skills and qualifications
- Cost effective training supported by funding from Skills Development Scotland (up to 100% funding depending on age and eligibility criteria)
- Create and retain a modern skilled workforce
- Debt-free learning
- Nationally recognised qualifications
- A route to great pay
- Career progression opportunities
- Significant experience to enhance your CV
- Possible support with travel costs if coming to college
The Diplma for Information Security Professionals Modern Apprenticeship is a 12-24 month programme at SCQF level 6 for candidates already in employment.
The IT industry covers a wide range of careers such as IT Technical Support, Software Developer, Web Developer, Database Administrator, Cyber Security. An apprenticeship is a great route into an Information Technology career as it provides valuable work experience through paid employment and opportunities to gain new skills and qualifications on the job. Working alongside a wide range of professionals is also a valuable means of improving team working performance and communication skills.
The programme is delivered in partnership with the student, employer and training provider.
The SVQ 2 will be delivered in the workplace and supported by college assessors.
What you need...
It is recommended that candidates should have Scottish National Grades 4 (or equivalent) in English, Maths.
Experience gained during work placements whilst at school or at out of school clubs in a relevant subject will also be useful.
Where you can go...
The Diploma for Information Security Professionals could provide progression to employment in a rnag eof areas such as:-
- Network security
- Secure systems development
- Information assurance
- Penetration testing