Flexible Development Work Fund
Important news: The Scottish Government allocated £10 million for the FWDF in its pilot year 2017-18. SFC distributed the funding amongst regional colleges / strategic bodies across Scotland and will distribute a further £10 million for a second year in 2018-19.
Key points for 2018-19
- The FWDF is for Apprenticeship Levy paying employers in Scotland from the private, public and third sector with an annual salary bill of over £3 million.
- The college sector is recognised as an important part of Scotland’s skills and training system and eligible employers can fill their skills gaps by applying to the Fund via a college of their choice.
- New increased cap of up to £15k for Apprenticeship Levy payers to up-skill or re-skill their existing workforce.
- Employers have the flexibility to pass on the benefits of Fund access to their supply chain.
The Fund is flexible
- Apprenticeship Levy paying employers in Scotland have the flexibility to choose the training they need.
- Employers can use the Fund to address priority skills gaps.
- Access training in high-quality learning environments available in Scotland’s colleges.
- Engage and motivate existing employees by offering them high quality training to bring the greatest benefits to your organisation.
Businesses are invited to bid for funding through Colleges and the Inverness College UHI Business Solutions team is ready to conduct an analysis of your training needs and submit a bid on your behalf.
Whatever your business, there’s a course to meet your needs.
The University of the Highlands and Islands has funding up for grabs! It’s first come, first served, so make sure you get in quick.