Access to Motor Vehicle SCQF Level 3
What is special about this course?
This course provides a general introduction to the motor vehicle industry, providing insight into the various career paths. You will enhance and develop your skills and knowledge by learning about the various different motor vehicle systems, mixing practical and classroom-based sessions.
By the end of this course you will have covered engine operation and maintenance, chassis systems, emission control and electrical component function. You will be able to use general tools and will have gained practical experience in removal and fitting of different components.
This course is taught within a relaxed, friendly and supportive environment, allowing you to take your first step towards a future career in the industry.
- Your personal statement will reflect your desire to learn this subject but core skills in communication, maths and information technology at National 3 will be preferred.
- You may be asked to attend an interview.
- Health and safety
- Maintenance and repiar
- Introduction to hand tools
- Workshop cleaning and maintenance
- Introduction to engine components and operation
- Introduction to light vehicle steering and suspension systems
- Routine braking system checks
- Routine wheel and tyre checkes
- Introduction to workshop environments
- Vehicle lighting system maintenance
Students require safety boots and overalls, available through Bursary funding.
How will I study my course?
- Full Time
- Full time
How long will my course last?
Where can I study my course?
- Inverness Campus
For the latest information on fees please see our fees policy.
What can I do on completion of my course?
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Due to an on-going cyber security incident our systems are currently down. Applications for full-time degree courses can still be made via UCAS but we are unable to take any direct applications. We are doing everything possible to minimise disruption, but this could take some time. Please check back at regular intervals for updates or, if you have a specific query, contact us.