Access to Nursing (incorporating SWAP)
What is special about this course?
You will gain a thorough knowledge of human growth and development. Through theoretical study and placement the skills required to work in health and social care settings will be enhanced. This course builds the foundations to a career in either nursing, health or social care.
This course is part of the Scottish Wider Access Programme (SWAP) and provides the skills and entry requirements you need to progress to Higher Education.
- To apply for this course you must have been out of education for 5 or more years: You must demonstrate in your personal statement experience and commitment to working in this field.
- All candidates are interviewed, and their core skills are assessed at this point, including English and Numeracy.
- All candidates have to complete an Enhanced Disclosure (PVG) check.
- Candidates may require Occupational Health Screening prior to practice.
- Your personal statement should reflect any experience and commitment to working in this field.
It aims to equip you with a thorough knowledge of human growth and development. Through theoretical study and placement the skills required to work in health and social care settings will be enhanced. This course builds the foundations to a career in either nursing, health or social care.
There may be an opportunity to study Higher Care.
How will I study my course?
- Full Time
- Part Time
How long will my course last?
1 year full time
2 years part time
Where can I study my course?
- Inverness Campus
For the latest information on fees please see our fees policy.
What can I do on completion of my course?
- Nurse education, Paramedic education, further studies in Allied Health Professions
- HNC Social Services, SVQ Social Services and Healthcare, SVQ Social Services (Children and Young People) and thereafter possibly BA (Hons) Health Studies
- Employment in a health/care environment.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for Access to Nursing (incorporating SWAP)
We are no longer accepting applications for 2020/21
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at Inverness College UHI. Inverness College operates a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of age, disability, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion and/or belief, sex, sexual orientation or socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.