Advanced Certificate in Forestry L6 SCQF Level 6
What is special about this course?
The course will develop your practical skills, knowledge and understanding of the social and productive values of woodland. It allows students considering a career in forestry to experience a taster of higher level study in the forestry sector.
- You should be a minimum preferred age of 17 by 1 January 2021
- Three passes at National 5 at A or B
- Direct entry also possible from Certificate in Forestry
Additional selection requirements:
Entry to the course is based on you:-
- Meeting the above entry requirements, and
- Attending a course information and selection day
- Coppiced woodlands
- Green woodworking
- Mobile saw-milling
- Countryside woodwork
- Forest ecology
- Forest machinery maintenance
How will I study my course?
- Full Time
How long will my course last?
Where can I study my course?
- Scottish School of Forestry
For the latest information on fees please see our fees policy.
What can I do on completion of my course?
- HNC/D Forestry
- HNC/D Arboriculture and Urban Forestry
- Work within the forestry/conservation industry.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for Advanced Certificate in Forestry L6 SCQF Level 6
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at Inverness College UHI. Inverness College operates a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of age, disability, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion and/or belief, sex, sexual orientation or socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.