Advanced Certificate in Forestry SCQF Level 6
What is special about this course?
The course will develop your practical skills, knowledge and understanding of the social and productive values of woodland. It allows students considering a career in forestry to experience a taster of higher level study in the forestry sector.
- You should be a minimum preferred age of 17.
- Three passes at National 5 at A or B
- Direct entry is also possible from our Certificate in Forestry programme.
- Candidates will be invited to an interview.
- Forest ecology
- Practical forest nursery techniques
- Countryside woodwork and access facilities
- Land-based engineering - machinery maintenance
- Forest management project
- Coppiced woodlands
- Mobile sawmills
- Green woodworking
- Woodfuel processing and supply
- Identification of tree species and their properties
- Introduction to geographicsl information systems
- Introduction to tree climbing
- Studies Advisor
- Information and Communication Technology
How will I study my course?
- Full Time
- Full time
- Face to face
How long will my course last?
Where can I study my course?
- Scottish School of Forestry
For the latest information on fees please see our fees policy.
Due to an on-going cyber security incident our systems are currently down. Applications for full-time degree courses can still be made via UCAS but we are unable to take any direct applications. We are doing everything possible to minimise disruption, but this could take some time. Please check back at regular intervals for updates or, if you have a specific query, contact us.