Childhood Practice Level 6
What is special about this course?
This course is practical in nature with classroom work complimenting the skills learned on placement.
This award is a recognised qualification with the SSSC as a support practitioner.
- Your commitment to this field and desire to work with children should be evident in the personal statement.
- A short piece of work needs to be completed at interview.
- Subject to satisfactory PVG Disclosure Scotland check.
- School leavers must have 4 National 5s including English; other relevant academic subjects, ie History, Modern Studies (equivalent units may be accepted)
- Introduction to Childhood Practice Level 5
This course covers child development, health and wellbeing, managing behaviour and play.
Workplacement is a crucial part of the course with all students completing blocks of work in an early years' setting to undertake an SVQ Level 6.
You will also have the opportunity to sit a Higher in Childcare and Development.
How will I study my course?
How long will my course last?
One year full time, longer part time.
Where can I study my course?
For the latest information on fees please see our fees policy.
What can I do on completion of my course?
Employment as a support worker
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for Childhood Practice Level 6
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at Inverness College UHI. Inverness College operates a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of age, disability, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion and/or belief, sex, sexual orientation or socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.