Childhood Practice SCQF Level 6
What is special about this course?
This course is practical in nature with classroom work complimenting the skills learned on placement.
This award is a recognised qualification with the SSSC as a support practitioner.
- Your commitment to this field and desire to work with children should be evident in the personal statement.
- A short piece of work needs to be completed at interview.
- This is a Category 1 PVG course: PVG Scheme membership is required to successfully achieve target qualification, where there is guaranteed contact with vulnerable groups in key elements of the couse. For further information visit the PVG scheme webpage.
- School leavers must have four National 5 passes including English; other relevant academic subjects, ie History, Modern Studies (equivalent units may be accepted)
- Introduction to Childhood Practice SCQF 5
This course covers child development, health and wellbeing, managing behaviour and play.
Workplacement may form a part of the course with all students completing experience within an early learning and childcare.
You may also have the opportunity to sit a Higher in Childcare and Development.
How will I study my course?
- Full Time
- Part Time
How long will my course last?
One year full time, longer part time.
Where can I study my course?
- Inverness Campus
For the latest information on fees please see our fees policy.
What can I do on completion of my course?
Employment as a support worker or in an early learning childcare setting.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Due to an on-going cyber security incident our systems are currently down. Applications for full-time degree courses can still be made via UCAS but we are unable to take any direct applications. We are doing everything possible to minimise disruption, but this could take some time. Please check back at regular intervals for updates or, if you have a specific query, contact us.