Health and Social Care Level 6
What is special about this course?
You will develop knowledge and understanding of human growth and development.
It is a practical course with activities to reflect workplace practice.
Successful candidates can achieve SVQ 2 Social Services and Healthcare
- 4 National 5s at C or above, one must be English.
- You will be required to attend an interview and complete a short piece of written work.
- You must have a satisfactory PVG Disclosure Scotland check.
- Understanding and supporting people in healthcare
- Care principles and practice
- Health, safety and protection
- Moving and Handling
- Understanding of Mental Health Issues
- Coping strategies and building resistance
How will I study my course?
Practical and classroom learning
How long will my course last?
1 Academic Years
Where can I study my course?
For the latest information on fees please see our fees policy.
What can I do on completion of my course?
This course builds the foundations to a career in either nursing, health or social care, eg nurse education or paramedic education.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for Health and Social Care Level 6
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at Inverness College UHI. Inverness College operates a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of age, disability, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion and/or belief, sex, sexual orientation or socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.