Social Science Higher
What is special about this course?
This course gives you the opportunity to study the social sciences in detail, and deepen your understanding of how society works and how people interact to make change.
Higher ESOL is available as an option.
- Three passes at National 5 at B or above, or three passes at Intermediate 2 at B or above from the following: English, History, Philosophy, RMPS, French, Sociology, Psychology, Modern Studies, Geography, Maths or other related subjects.
- Three passes at Standard Grade 1 or 2 in the following: English, History, Philosophy, RMPS, French, Sociology, Psychology, Modern Studies, Geography, Maths or other related subjects.
- NC Social Science at Level 5 plus National 5 English at A or B.
To stuidy 4 subjects
In exceptional circumstances you may be permitted to take 4 subjects, these are Psychology, Sociology, Politics and English.
- Four passes at National 5 at B or above, or four passes at Intermediate 2 at A, or four passes at Standard Grade 1 from the following: English, History, Philosophy, RMPS, French, Sociology, Psychology, Modern Studies, Geography, Maths or other related subjects. You will also be required to provide a strong academic reference.
- NC Scoial Science at level 5 and three passes at National 5 or Intermediate 2 at B or above.
Mature students' accreditation of prior learning will be taken into consideration and you will be called for interview.
How will I study my course?
- Full Time
- Part Time
How long will my course last?
Where can I study my course?
- Inverness Campus
For the latest information on fees please see our fees policy.
What can I do on completion of my course?
- HNC Social Servicces
- BA (Hons) Social Science
- BA (Hons) Sociology and Politics
- BA (Hons) Sociology and Criminology
- BA (Hons) Psychology
- BA (Hons) History and Politics
- There may be opportunities to gain employment in the private or public sector as well as the third sector, such as social services, social care, police and voluntary organisations.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for Social Science Higher
We are no longer accepting applications for 2019/20
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at Inverness College UHI. Inverness College operates a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of age, disability, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion and/or belief, sex, sexual orientation or socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.