Social Science Highers Programme SCQF Level 6
What is special about this course?
This course gives you the opportunity to study the social sciences in detail, and deepen your understanding of how society works and how people interact to make change. Including studying
- Three passes at National 5 at B or above, or three passes at Intermediate 2 at B or above from the following: English, History, Philosophy, RMPS, French, Sociology, Psychology, Modern Studies, Geography, Maths or other related subjects.
- Three passes at Standard Grade 1 or 2 in the following: English, History, Philosophy, RMPS, French, Sociology, Psychology, Modern Studies, Geography, Maths or other related subjects.
- NC Social Science at Level 5 plus National 5 English at A or B.
Mature students' accreditation of prior learning will be taken into consideration and you will be called for interview.
How will I study my course?
- Full Time
- Part Time
How long will my course last?
Where can I study my course?
- Inverness Campus
For the latest information on fees please see our fees policy.
Please note if studying part time there is a cost of approximately £350 per subject. (Based on 2020/21 price, 2021/22 price to be confirmed end March 2021). Some applicants may be eligible for a fee waiver.
What can I do on completion of my course?
- HNC Social Servicces
- BA (Hons) Social Science
- BA (Hons) Sociology and Politics
- BA (Hons) Sociology and Criminology
- BA (Hons) Psychology
- BA (Hons) History and Politics
- There may be opportunities to gain employment in the private or public sector as well as the third sector, such as social services, social care, police and voluntary organisations.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Due to an on-going cyber security incident our systems are currently down. Applications for full-time degree courses can still be made via UCAS but we are unable to take any direct applications. We are doing everything possible to minimise disruption, but this could take some time. Please check back at regular intervals for updates or, if you have a specific query, contact us.