What is special about this course?
This course is certified by the Institute of the Motor Industry (IMI). It allows individuals with a passion to work in the automotive industry to develop and integrate their practical and vocational skills with the related knowledge required.
- 2 Standard Grades at 4 or above, one which must be in English, Maths or a Science subject
- National 3 pass
- There are no formal entry requirements for mature applicants, though it is expected that applicants can provide evidence of relevant knowledge and skills gained in the motor vehicle industry.
Subjects, key to the modern automotive technician, include -
- Braking systems (hydraulic)
- Fuel systems
- Transmission systems
- Engine operation & service techniques
- Safety aspects
- Core skills
- Electrical and electronic systems.
How will I study my course?
- Full Time
How long will my course last?
Where can I study my course?
- Inverness Campus
For the latest information on fees please see our fees policy.
What can I do on completion of my course?
- Employment within the motor vehicle industry
- Modern Apprenticeships within the motor vehicle industry
- VRQ level 2 in Light Vehicle Repair.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.