What is special about this course?
This course develops the topics studied in the IMI Level 1 Certificate in Light Vehicle course and prepares the students for an apprenticeship in the motor vehicle profession at Level 2.
- IMI Certificate in Light Vehicle Repair at Level 1 and/or
- 3 Standard Grades at 3 or above, or 3 Intermediate 1 at C or above, or National 4 pass, including English and Mathematics or Physics
- There are no formal entry requirements for mature applicants, though it is expected that applicants can provide evidence of skills knowledge gained in the motor vehicle industry, as detailed in your personal statement with the application.
- Knowledge and practical skill sin braking systems
- Fuel systems
- Engine and transmission systems
- Chassis systems
- Vehicle electrical and electronic systems diagnostics
- Workshop safety
- Core skills.
How will I study my course?
- Full Time
How long will my course last?
Where can I study my course?
- Inverness Campus
For the latest information on fees please see our fees policy.
What can I do on completion of my course?
- Employment within the motor vehicle industry
- Modern Apprenticeships within the motor vehicle industry
- VRQ level 3 in Light Vehicle Repair.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.