IMI Diploma Level 1 Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
What is special about this course?
This course allows people with a passion to work in the motor vehicle industry the opportunity to develop and integrate practical and vocational skills with the knowledge required.
Key subjects include diagnostics, braking, fuel and transmission systems.
This course is certified by the Institute of the Motor Industry (IMI) and delivered at SCQF Level 4.
- Two Intermediate 1 at C or above, one of which must be in English, Maths or a Science subject.
- Two National 3 passes, one of which must be in English, Maths or a Science subject.
- There are no formal entry requirements for mature applicants, although it is expected that applicants can provide evidence of relevant knowledge and skills gained in the motor vehicle industry.
Subjects include -
- Braking systems (hydraulic)
- Fuel systems
- Transmission systems
- Engine operation & service techniques
- Safety aspects
- Core skills
- Electrical and electronic systems.
How will I study my course?
- Full Time
How long will my course last?
Where can I study my course?
- Inverness Campus
For the latest information on fees please see our fees policy.
What can I do on completion of my course?
What can you do next?
- Employment within the motor vehicle industry
- A modern apprenticeship within the motor vehicle industry
- IMI Diploma Level 2 Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair (SCQF Level 5)
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for IMI Diploma Level 1 Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at Inverness College UHI. Inverness College operates a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of age, disability, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion and/or belief, sex, sexual orientation or socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.