IMI Diploma Level 2 Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair SCQF Level 5
What is special about this course?
This programme develops the skills learned in the IMI Diploma Level 1 Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair programme and includes more in-depth understanding of fuel, braking, chassis, engineering and transmission systems.
This course is certified by the Institute of the Motor Industry (IMI) and delivered at SCQF Level 5.
- IMI Diploma Level 1 Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair and/or
- 3 National 4 passes, including English and Mathematics or Physics
- There are no formal entry requirements for mature applicants, though it is expected that applicants can provide evidence of skills and knowledge gained in the motor vehicle industry, as detailed in your personal statement with the application.
- Health and safety
- Knowledge of supporting roles in automotive
- Skills in supporting job roles in automotive
- Knowledge of materials, fabrication, tools
- Skills in materials, fabrication and tools
- Knowledge of routine light vehicle maintenance
- Skills in routine light vehicle engine maintenance
- Knowledge of light vehicle engine mechanical
- Knowledge of light vehicle fuel, ignition, air
- Skills in removing and replacing light vehicle
- Knoiwledge of light vehicle electrical units
- Skills in removing and replacing light vehicles
- Knowledge of light vehicle chassis units
- Knowledge of inspecting light vehicles
- Skills in inspecting light vehicles
- Knowled of light vehicle transmission.
How will I study my course?
- Full Time
- Face to face
How long will my course last?
Where can I study my course?
- Inverness Campus
For the latest information on fees please see our fees policy.
What can I do on completion of my course?
What can you do next?
- Employment within the motor vehicle industry
- A Modern Apprenticeship within the motor vehicle industry
- IMI Diploma Level 3 Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair (SCQF Level 6/7)
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Due to an on-going cyber security incident our systems are currently down. Applications for full-time degree courses can still be made via UCAS but we are unable to take any direct applications. We are doing everything possible to minimise disruption, but this could take some time. Please check back at regular intervals for updates or, if you have a specific query, contact us.