IMI Diploma Level 2 Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
What is special about this course?
The course develops the skills learned in the IMI Diploma Level 1 Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair programme and includes more in-depth understanding of fuel, braking, chassis, engineering and transmission systems.
This course is certified by the Institute of the Motor Industry (IMI) and delivered at SCQF Level 5.
- IMI Diploma Level 1 Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair and/or
- 3 Standard Grades at 3 or above, or 3 Intermediate 1 at C or above, or National 4 pass, including English and Mathematics or Physics
- There are no formal entry requirements for mature applicants, though it is expected that applicants can provide evidence of skills and knowledge gained in the motor vehicle industry, as detailed in your personal statement with the application.
- Knowledge and practical skills in braking systems
- Fuel systems
- Transmission systems
- Vehicle electrical and electronic systems diagnostics
- Workshop safety
- Core skills.
How will I study my course?
- Full Time
How long will my course last?
Where can I study my course?
- Inverness Campus
For the latest information on fees please see our fees policy.
What can I do on completion of my course?
What can you do next?
- Employment within the motor vehicle industry
- A modern apprenticeship within the motor vehicle industry
- IMI Diploma Level 3 Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair (SCQF Level 6/7)
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for IMI Diploma Level 2 Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
We are no longer accepting applications for 2019/20
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at Inverness College UHI. Inverness College operates a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of age, disability, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion and/or belief, sex, sexual orientation or socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.