What is special about this course?
This course is certified by the Institute of the Motor Industry (IMI). The course develops the topics studied in the IMI Level 1 Certificate Light Vehicle Course and prepares the students for an apprenticeship in the motor vehicle profession at Level 2 or progression to the VRQ Level 3.
- There are no formal entry requirements for mature applicants, though it is expected that applicants can provide evidence of skills and knowledge gained in the motor vehicle industry, as detailed in your personal statement with the application.
- IMI Certificate in Light Vehicle Repair at Level 1and/or
- 3 Standard Grades at 3 or above, or 3 Intermediate 1 at C or above, or National 4 pass, including English and Mathematics or Physics
- Knowledge and practical skills in braking systems
- Fuel systems
- Transmission systems
- Vehicle electrical and electronic systems diagnostics
- Workshop safety
- Core skills.
How will I study my course?
- Full Time
How long will my course last?
Where can I study my course?
- Inverness Campus
For the latest information on fees please see our fees policy.
What can I do on completion of my course?
- Employment within the motor vehicle industry
- Modern Apprenticeships within the motor vehicle industry
- VRQ level 3 in Light Vehicle Repair.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.