What is special about this course?
This course will provide students with practical, hands on, entry into either engineering or forestry. It will allow learners looking to work with machines the chance to learn about and train in the use of large scale, diesel engines and associated equipment.
- Numeracy: Level 4 or equivalent
- Employability Skills for Land-based industries
- Accident Prevention & Emergency Procedures
- Land-based Engineering: An Introduction: Internal Combustion Engines
- Introduction to Forestry Operations
- Land-based Engineering: An Introduction to Land-based Machinery
- Industry experience
- Information and Communication Technology
- Hydraulics: an introduction
How will I study my course?
How long will my course last?
Where can I study my course?
- Scottish School of Forestry
For the latest information on fees please see our fees policy.
Bursary or EMA (Educational Maintenance Allowance)
What can I do on completion of my course?
Progression can be onto the NC Rural Skills, Certificate in Forestry, or Engineering courses at a similar level. Apprenticeships may also be available in this area.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.