Introduction to Childhood Practice SCQF Level 5
What is special about this course?
This course provides an introduction to subjects related to the world of childcare. You will develop your soft skills in subjects such as ICT, numeracy and communication within a care context.
There may be an opportunity for a short work experience placement.
Successful completion of this course may lead to progression onto an SCQF 6 course such as Childhood Practice or Care Practice flexible programme.
- You must be 16 or over
- Four national 4 passes, one of which must be English
- This is a Category 1 PGV course. PVG Scheme membership is required to successfully achieve target qualification, where there is guaranteed contact with vulnerable groups in key elements of the course. For further information visit our PVG scheme webpage.
- Working in Early Learning and Childcare
- Coping Strategies and Building Resilience
- Care practice
- Development and wellbeing of children and young people
- Children and Young People: Practice of play and process of play
How will I study my course?
- Full Time
Face to face
How long will my course last?
Where can I study my course?
- Inverness Campus
For the latest information on fees please see our fees policy.
What can I do on completion of my course?
Possibly employment as a support worker.
Successful completion of the course may lead to progression onto an SCQF 6 course such as Childhood Practice.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Due to an on-going cyber security incident our systems are currently down. Applications for full-time degree courses can still be made via UCAS but we are unable to take any direct applications. We are doing everything possible to minimise disruption, but this could take some time. Please check back at regular intervals for updates or, if you have a specific query, contact us.