Introduction to Health and Social Care SCQF Level 5
What is special about this course?
This course will provide you with a broad introduction to the world of care. You will cover a wide range of topics from mental health and psychology to care practice and sociology. Throughout the course you will develop important skills in literacy and numeracy, in preparation for further study or employment.
There may be an opportunity for a short work experience placement.
Successful completion of this course may lead to progression onto a level 6 course such as Health & Social Care SCQF 6.
- All candidates must be 16 or over
- Four national 4 passes, one of which must be English
- This is a Category 1 PVG course: PVG Scheme membership is required to successfully achieve target qualification, where there is guaranteed contact wtih vulnerable groups in key elements of the course. For further information visit our PVG scheme webpage.
- Mental health issues
- Improving health and wellbeing
- Play in early education and childcare
How will I study my course?
- Full Time
How long will my course last?
1 year full time
Where can I study my course?
- Inverness Campus
For the latest information on fees please see our fees policy.
What can I do on completion of my course?
- Possibly employment as a support worker.
- Successful completion may lead to progression onto Health and Social Care SCQF 6.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Due to an on-going cyber security incident our systems are currently down. Applications for full-time degree courses can still be made via UCAS but we are unable to take any direct applications. We are doing everything possible to minimise disruption, but this could take some time. Please check back at regular intervals for updates or, if you have a specific query, contact us.