Modern Apprenticeship in Social Services (Children and Young People)
What is special about this course?
Candidates develop a portfolio of evidence which enables them to match their skills and knowledge to nationally agreed standards for care.
Candidates will use an electronic portfolio to gather the practice and knowledge required to fulfil the occupational standards for the course.
Applicants must be working in a care setting.
This course is not suitable for school leavers.
Examples of units:-
- Promote, monitor and maintain health and safety.
- Reflect and develop your practice.
- Promote effective communication.
- Promote health, safety and security in a work setting.
- Develop practice through reflection and learning.
- Promote the safeguarding of individuals.
How will I study my course?
- Work based
Electronic portfolio to gather evidence.
How long will my course last?
Where can I study my course?
- Inverness Campus
For the latest information on fees please see our fees policy.
What can I do on completion of my course?
- Enhanced career prospects
- Meet SSSC requirements for registration.
- Progression to HNC Social Services may be possible.
- PDA Health and Social Services to meet SSSC requirements.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
APPLICATIONS TO BE MADE BY EMPLOYERS THROUGH THE BUSINESS SOLUTIONS TEAM AT INVERNESS COLLEGE UHI. THE TEAM CAN ALSO BE CONTACTED FOR FURTHER COURSE INFORMATION ON 01463 273666.
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at Inverness College UHI. Inverness College operates a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of age, disability, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion and/or belief, sex, sexual orientation or socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.