What is special about this course?
This course gives students the opportunity to increase their academic and theoretical knowledge in fabrication and welding while continuing to develop their practical skills in a workshop environment. It is also a progression route for the engineering technician to progress to a higher education level in either fabrication and welding or engineering systems.
- Maths or Physics and English Standard Grades at 2 or above or National 5 at C or above in an engineering related subject.
- Evidence of skills and knowledge gained in the fabrication and welding industry and detailed on your personal statement with the application, or
- NC Fabrication and Welding Engineering at SCQF Level 5, or
- N/SVQ 2 or 3 in Fabrication or Welding discipline plus Maths at Standard Grade 2 or above; or Int 2 at B or above.
- Fabrication and welding processes
- Making an engineering project
- Weld Testing and working with weld procedures
- Specifications and testing engineering materials with related mathematics
- Information Technology
How will I study my course?
- Full Time
How long will my course last?
Where can I study my course?
- Inverness Campus
For the latest information on fees please see our fees policy.
What can I do on completion of my course?
- HNC Fabrication, Welding and Inspection
- HNC Engineering Systems
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.