What is special about this course?
This course is practical in nature with classroom work complimenting the skills learned on placement.
This award is a recognised qualification with the SSSC as a support practitioner.
- Your commitment to this field and desire to work with chidren should be evident in the personal statement.
- A short piece of work needs to be completed at interview.
- Subject ot satisfactory PVC Disclosure Scotland check.
- School leaves must have 4 Standard Graddes at 2 or above/4 National 5s including English; other relevant academic subjects, ie History, Modern Studies (equivalent units may be accepted)
- NC Childhood Practice (formerly NC Child, health and social care) including a National 5 Care project
This course covers child development, health and wellbeing, managing behaviour and play.
Workplacement is a crucial part of the course with all students completing blocks of work in an early years' setting to undertake an SVQ Level 6.
You will also have the opportunity to sit a Higher in Childcare and Development.
How will I study my course?
How long will my course last?
One year full time, longer part time.
Where can I study my course?
For the latest information on fees please see our fees policy.
What can I do on completion of my course?
Employment as a support worker
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.