What is special about this course?
This is a robust award of practical and related theoretical content, providing progressive development of competencies and personal learning through the study of new/current media content along with some historical understanding of the development of these industries.
The award allows you to develop vocational skills relating to the National Occupational Standards and provides you with the opportunity to concentrate in specific areas of the media while developing cross media production skills. As part of the programme, your knowledge is developed in relation to the creative process through practical projects and through the study of the job roles and functions within the creative media industries.
All applicants will be interviewed and a task will be assigned.
- Recognition of prior experience and learning will be taken into consideration.
- Four National 5 subjects including English at B or above.
- Four Intermediate 2 subjects including English at B or above, or
- Four Standard Grades at 2 or above to include English.
All applicants will be interviewed.
You will study:
- Media Project
- An Introduction to a Sector of the Media Industry
- Basic Website Development
- Understanding the Creative Process
- An Introduction to Advertising
- Event organisation
- Page layout and design for print
- Animation project
- Digital imaging
- An introduction to comics and graphic novels
How will I study my course?
- Full Time
- Part Time
How long will my course last?
Where can I study my course?
- Inverness Campus
For the latest information on fees please see our fees policy.
Bursary or EMA (Educational Maintenance Allowance)
What can I do on completion of my course?
The NC enables entry to a variety of media-related courses depending on choice of subject specialism, ie HNC/D/Degree in Broadcasting, Journalism, Radio, Publishing, Television or Visual Communication.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.