What is special about this course?
The course is delivered by lecturers who have up-to-date industry experience and qualifications, ensuring our teaching is current and relevant in this fast-paced environment.
"This course has been designed with student and employer feedback to ensure our students have the skills to succeed in the job they want or the opportunity to progress onto further study. We focus on the skills required in the ever-changing digital world and engage with industry through a series of guest lectures and employer visits so our students leave prepared for the next step," - Gordon Macpherson, lecturer and programme co-ordinator.
Due to the nature of the course you will be invited along for an informal interview/information session to allow the team to find out more about you and to assess your suitability for the course.
- Selection by interview
School leavers/progressing students
- Successful completion of NQ Computing with Web Design (Level 5) and further interview
- 4 Intermediate 2 passes including English or Mathematics/National 5 passes including English or Mathematics.
The course includes:-
- Cyber secruity
- Software development
- Security fundamentals
- Network fundamentals
- Server fundamentals
- Ethical hacking
- Data security
- Digital forensics
- Maths for computing
How will I study my course?
- Full Time
- Part Time
- group working
- guest lectures
- research projects
The course is delivered four days per week, between 9am and 5pm.
How long will my course last?
Where can I study my course?
- Inverness Campus
For the latest information on fees please see our fees policy.
Bursary or EMA (Educational Maintenance Allowance)
What can I do on completion of my course?
- Progression onto HNC Computing after further interview
- Junior cyber analyst, programmer or computer technician
Here's what employers say:
- "Inverness College UHI computing courses provide a fantastic grounding in information technology. My experience and knowledge of the programmes highlight the benefits they provide to our apprentices in terms of knowledge and work experience, but often, more importantly, the confidence they gain. The courses are hugely beneficial and have a recognised profile that is attractive to an employer such as Capgemini," - Darren Robbins, Capgemini deputy security operations centre manager.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.