Computing with Web Design NQ
What is special about this course?
With the increasing demand for workers to be skilled in cyber and digital technologies, this course provides you with the basic skills to progress in this ever-growing sector. You will learn how to build, upgrade and fault-find on computer systems as well as developing interactive multimedia skills in web and app development. You will have the opportunity to develop basic programming skills.
The course is delivered by lecturers who have up-to-date industry experience and qualifications, ensuring our teaching is current and relevant in this fast-paced environment. Students will also have the opportunity to work on industry related practical project.
"This course has been designed with student and employer feedback to ensure our students have the skills to succeed in the job they want or the opportunity to progress onto further study. We focus on the skills required in the ever-changing digital world and engage with industry through a series of guest lectures and employer visits so our students leave prepared for the next step," - Gordon Macpherson, lecturer and programme co-ordinator.
- Selection by interview
- 4 Standard Grades at level 3 or above/4 National 4 passes including English
- Successful completion of NPA Digital Media Basics (SCQF Level 4)
The course includes:-
- Website enterprise
- Install and maintain computer hardwar
- Install and maintain computer software
- Digital media elements for applications
- Website design fundamentals
- Computing project
- Applications development
- Network literacy
- Website design and development
How will I study my course?
- Full Time
- group working
- guest lectures
- research projects
The course is delivered four days per week, between 9am and 5pm.
How long will my course last?
Where can I study my course?
- Inverness Campus
For the latest information on fees please see our fees policy.
What can I do on completion of my course?
- Progresssion onto NC Computing (SCQF Level 6) with further interview
Here's what employers say:
- "I started my journey with Inverness College UHI at Level 5 and worked my way through to achieve a BSc Computing with a distinction in networking. I gained invaluable experience through the various subjects taught and was able to make choices at the higher levels about what I was most interested in learning. This provided me with essential knowledge about the networking industry. The college provided me with exactly what I needed to get a job as an installation engineer, which I thoroughly enjoy. Hard work and dedication along with help and support from all the staff at Inverness College UHI can help you achieve your dreams," - Craig Justice, HighNet Telecoms installation engineer.
- "Inverness College UHI computing courses provide a fantastic grounding in information technology. My experience and knowledge of the programmes highlight the benefits they provide to our apprentices in terms of knowledge and work experience, but often, more importantly, the confidence they gain. The courses are hugely beneficial and have a recognised profile that is attractive to an employer such as Capgemini," - Darren Robbins, Capgemini deputy security operations centre manager.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
What our students, graduates and staff say
What our students say:
"I have enjoyed learning new things from the networking fundamentals classes because my knowledge of networking in general was limited. I learned how to make my own network cables which will help me at home as I am looking to make my home a smart home, I have also learned a great deal on how networks actually operate and I think is vital knowledge for working in the programming field as I may need to create code that utilizes networks."
"The course gives you a good basic foundation in to what you will learn in the next few years as you progress with higher and possible a degree in computing. It has a wide spectrum of modules to give you a taste of what is to come."
"Our lecturers are very helpful. The building is very well equipped – there is a lot of space for after class learning. There is also the Skillzone, where students can use computers, work in silence and get help in different areas of learning."
Apply for Computing with Web Design NQ
We are no longer accepting applications for 2019/20
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at Inverness College UHI. Inverness College operates a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of age, disability, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion and/or belief, sex, sexual orientation or socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.