What is special about this course?
This course is designed for applicants interested in working in the care sector who may have few formal qualifications, yet are keen to develop their knowledge and progress to more advanced courses. Students will cover a range of subjects with the aim of developing confidence as well as providing the necessary grounding to move on in their chosen area of care practice.
All students will be expected to complete placement experience.
- All applicants will take part in an introduction session including information about the course, a short interview and an assessment
- Applicants should be at ease with study at National 4 level or equivalent.
Subjects will include:
- Group Award for National 4 in Care
- Group Award for Natioanl 4 in Volunteering
- an introductory psychology unit called Introduction to the Social World
- National 4 in People and Society: Comparing and Contrasting, study and employment skills, IT, communication and numeracy skills.
There will be opportunities for students to spend short amounts of time in placement.
How will I study my course?
- Full Time
How long will my course last?
Where can I study my course?
- Inverness Campus
For the latest information on fees please see our fees policy.
What can I do on completion of my course?
A range of Care Courses at National 5 level can be accessed with this qualification including the Child, Health and Social Care Course.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.