Education Support Assistant PDA
What is special about this course?
Access is at the discretion of the centre and there are no artificial barriers to entry. Additional Support Needs of applicants will be taken into account during entry processes and may be discussed directly with the applicant.
Thue purpose of this PDA is to enable candidates to prepare themselves to undertake roles which support children and young people in an educational setting and will provide a platform to those already working in educational support roles for Continuous Professional Development.
A particular feature of the award is the requirement for candidates to be either employed or to have a period of workplace practice experience in an educational setting to enable them to meet the requirements of units related to supporting children and young people in an educational setting and to develop their practice in an educational setting.
Entry requirements (mature students)
- Ideally applicants must be working in an educational support role; applicants not already working in an educational support role will have to find their own placement, and pay for themselves and/or apply for an ILA
- Students may be asked to complete a short task to establish academic level. Depending on the results of this, students may be advised to complete some units from the flexible programme to build academic skills before embarking on this award.
- Students may also need to complete some work-based experience.
Entry requirements (school leavers)
- Not appropriate for school leavers.
- supporting the development of children and young people
- supporting the behaviour of children and young people
- supporting children and young people who require additional support for learning
- supporting children and young people in an educational setting (workplace only)
- professional practice in an educational setting
How will I study my course?
- Part Time
Continuous assessment throughout each unit.
How long will my course last?
1 year part time
Where can I study my course?
- Inverness Campus
For information on costs of this course please contact the campus where you wish to study.
What can I do on completion of my course?
Employment as an Education Support Assistant
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for Education Support Assistant PDA
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at Inverness College UHI. Inverness College operates a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of age, disability, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion and/or belief, sex, sexual orientation or socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.