Professional Cookery SCQF Level 4
What is special about this course?
This course will teach you how to be industry-ready for this fast paced environment. Our training restaurant will motivate and enhance your learning and skills. Working with professional chefs and experienced lecturers, you will gain an understanding of the skills required to work in the catering industry.
You will develop knowledge and skills preparing meat, poultry, fish and vegetables within our commercial kitchens.
On successful completion of the course you will have achieved SCQF Level 4 Food Preparation and Cooking.
- All applicants will be interviewed to assess their interest and ability in cookery.
- No formal entry requirements
- Evidence of an interest in this subject should be demonstrated in your personal statement
- Work experience will be considered
- Prepare and cook meat and poultry
- Prepare and cook fish
- Food safety
- Health and safety
- Prepare and clear areas for food and beverage service
- Personal behaviour
- Team work
How will I study my course?
- Full Time
How long will my course last?
Where can I study my course?
- Inverness Campus
For the latest information on fees please see our fees policy.
What can I do on completion of my course?
- SCQF Level 5 Professional Cookery
- Employment in the hospitality industry
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Due to an on-going cyber security incident our systems are currently down. Applications for full-time degree courses can still be made via UCAS but we are unable to take any direct applications. We are doing everything possible to minimise disruption, but this could take some time. Please check back at regular intervals for updates or, if you have a specific query, contact us.