Introduction to Health and Social Care SCQF Level 5
What is special about this course?
This course will provide you with a broad introduction to the world of care. You will cover a wide range of topics from mental health and psychology to care practice and sociology. Throughout the course you will develop important skills in literacy and numeracy, in preparation for further study or employment.
There may be an opportunity for a short work experience placement.
Successful completion of this course may lead to progression onto a level 6 course such as Health & Social Care SCQF 6.
- All candidates must be 16 or over
- Four national 4 passes, one of which must be English
- This is a Category 1 PVG course: PVG Scheme membership is required to successfully achieve target qualification, where there is guaranteed contact with vulnerable groups in key elements of the course. For further information visit our PVG scheme webpage.
- Mental health issues
- Improving health and wellbeing
- Play in early education and childcare
How will I study my course?
- Full Time
How long will my course last?
1 year full time
Where can I study my course?
- Inverness Campus
For the latest information on fees please see our fees policy.
What can I do on completion of my course?
- Possibly employment as a support worker.
- Successful completion may lead to progression onto Health and Social Care SCQF 6.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for Introduction to Health and Social Care SCQF Level 5
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at UHI Inverness. UHI Inverness operates a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of age, disability, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion and/or belief, sex, sexual orientation or socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.