Advanced Certificate in Forestry SCQF Level 6
What is special about this course?
The course will develop your practical skills, knowledge and understanding of the social and productive values of woodland. It allows students considering a career in forestry to experience a taster of higher level study in the forestry sector.
- You should be a minimum preferred age of 17.
- Three passes at National 5 at A or B
- Direct entry is also possible from our Certificate in Forestry programme.
- Candidates will be invited to an interview.
- Forest ecology
- Practical forest nursery techniques
- Countryside woodwork and access facilities
- Land-based engineering - machinery maintenance
- Forest management project
- Coppiced woodlands
- Mobile sawmills
- Green woodworking
- Woodfuel processing and supply
- Identification of tree species and their properties
- Introduction to geographicsl information systems
- Introduction to tree climbing
- Studies Advisor
- Information and Communication Technology
How will I study my course?
- Full Time
- Full time
- Face to face
How long will my course last?
Where can I study my course?
- Scottish School of Forestry
For the latest information on fees please see our fees policy.
Apply for Advanced Certificate in Forestry SCQF Level 6
We are no longer accepting applications for 2021/22
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at Inverness College UHI. Inverness College operates a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of age, disability, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion and/or belief, sex, sexual orientation or socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.