Social Services and Healthcare SCQF Level 9 SVQ
What is special about this course?
The SVQ Social Services and Healthcare SCQF Level 9 is mandatory for those employed in senior and/or management positions within the adult care sector. It is a requirement of the Scottish Social Servicies Council that people involved in adult care at a senior level have achieved, or are working towards, this qualification.
- This course will develop the skills and knowledge you have gained working in a care setting
- It is a recognised qualification in the sector
- You will undertake this qualification in your place of employment
- You will gain experience and knowledge of presenting written evidence in a portfolio
- SVQ 3 Social Services and Healthcare SCQF Level 7
- For information on the SVQ3 Social Services and Healthcare SCQF Level 7, please contact the college at which you wish to study
Year 1 - SVQ
Mandatory subjects include:
- Continuing professional development of self and others
- Develop and maintain healthy and safe practices in the workplace
- Promote and maintain effective systems for communication
- Promote the well-being and protection of all individuals
You will also study four optional units.
How will I study my course?
- You will study through supported online learning using the university's virtual learning environment (VLE)
- Part-time (structured)
- This course is work based
- You will be assessed in the workplace and will be allocated an assessor
How long will my course last?
- Part-time: 18 months
Where can I study my course?
- Argyll College UHI
- Inverness College UHI
- Lews Castle College UHI
- Moray College UHI
- North Highland College UHI
- Orkney College UHI - June start only - use JAN/FEB link to apply
- Perth College UHI
- Shetland College UHI
- West Highland College UHI
- Other start dates may be available in some locations. For information on other start dates, and how to apply for them, please contact the campus you wish to study with.
For the latest information on fees please see our fees policy.
External scholarships and financial support may be available. Contact the relevant university partner college for more information.
What can I do on completion of my course?
This SCQF Level 9 qualification meets SSSC registration requirements for managers.
Can I progress into further study?
Following successful completion of the SVQ, you may wish to consider applying to a relevant degree programme offered by the university, such as BA (Hons) Health and Social Studies.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Due to an on-going cyber security incident our systems are currently down. Applications for full-time degree courses can still be made via UCAS but we are unable to take any direct applications. We are doing everything possible to minimise disruption, but this could take some time. Please check back at regular intervals for updates or, if you have a specific query, contact us.