What is special about this course?
This course wil teach you to be industry-ready for this fast paced environment. Our bespoke learning centre in the training restaurant will motivate and enhance your learning and skills. Working with professional chefs, experienced lecturers and the Business Development unit, you will complete your course thorough understanding of industry needs to be employable.
Achieving Professional Cookery will add a further understanding of the methodology of food production.
- All applicants will be interviewed to assess their interest and ability in cookery
- SCQF Level 4 Food Preparation and Cooking
- Four Intermediate level 1, pass
- Four National 4 at pass
- No formal entry requirements
- Evidence of an interest in this subject should be demonstrated in your personal statement
- Work experience will be considered
- Prepare, cook and finish soups, sauces and desserts
- Prepare, cook and finish fish, meat and poultry
- Health and safety
- Food hygiene
- Team work
- Prepare and clear areas for table service
- Serve food and table (casual dining)
How will I study my course?
- Full Time
- Day release
How long will my course last?
Full-time. Can be available as block or day release
Where can I study my course?
- Inverness Campus
For the latest information on fees please see our fees policy.
What can I do on completion of my course?
- SCQF Level 6 Professional Cookery - subject to interview and skills test
- Employment in related industry.
- HNC Hospitality
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.