Degree Module: Nature of Health
You will explore a range of approaches and theories to support the need for a multidisciplinary response to health. You will gain an overview of relevant Scottish/UK health policy and social policies.
Level SCQF 7
Delivery Remote/Face-to-Face | Friday
Location Remote/Inverness Campus
Duration 1 Year
• Review a variety of definitions and official accounts of health – personal, lay and professional – and discuss concepts, influences and experiences that affect health and our understanding of it;
• Demonstrate a basic understanding of the causes of health inequality and its impact at different life stages;
• Demonstrate an understanding of quantitative and qualitative methods of measuring health;
• Demonstrate the study skills necessary to apply knowledge of health theory to a defined task requiring investigation by locating, collecting, interpreting, evaluating and using information to develop a coherent argument written at the appropriate level.
- HNC Social Services
- HNC Childhood Practice
- HNC Soft Tissue Therapy
- HNC Coaching and Developing Sport
- HNC Fitness
- Health and Exercise/ degree level study in care, health and wellbeing depending on additional qualifications and experience.
Students should have passed 3 Highers in S5 at C or above.