NPA: Social Services and Healthcare
The NPA in Social Services and Healthcare will give you an insight into the rewarding career opportunities within the care sector, supporting and caring for vulnerable people helping them live in comfort and dignity - supporting people when they need it most. The course will develop students’ knowledge and understanding of the care sector and introduce key concepts such as the values and principles which underpin care practice. Practical skills in communication and in reflecting on practice will also be developed.
Health and social care workers can work with a variety of clients including:
- older people
- adults with physical/sensory and/or learning difficulties
- adults with autistic spectrum disorder/mental health problems
Level SCQF 6
Delivery Remote/Face-to-Face | Friday
Location Remote/Inverness Campus
Duration 1 Year
Topics covered include:
- Wellbeing and safety
- Human development
- Social Services in Scotland
- Modern Apprenticeship in Social Services & Healthcare
- SVQ Social Services & Healthcare L6/7
- HNC Social Services
- Access to degree programmes in health and social care professions
Three passes at National 5 ideally including a literacy subject.
An interest in working within health and social care.