HNC Architectural Technology
Face to face
The HNC Architectural Technology has been designed to provide an access and an introduction to the architectural built environment. It is delivered face-to-face in college.
Unique to this programme is the availability to study on ‘live’ projects in a large studio environment. You will explore architectural design, 2D and 3D computer aided drafting including building information modelling, physical model making and the elementary components of construction technology and building services.
Units studied on the programme:
• Architectural Subjects:
• Architectural Design Sketching and Drawing Architectural Procedures
• CAD: 2D I & 11
• Design of Building Structures & Statutory Control Architectural Technology: Graded Unit 1 (End of Year Graded Project)
• Building Services: An Introduction
• Building Services in Large Buildings
• Construction Materials and Specification Construction Technology: Substructure, Domestic Construction, Industrial/Commercial Superstructure
- 2 Highers at grade C or above and English and Maths National 5. Preference is given to applicants with a Higher in either Graphic Communication, Design & Manufacture or Art & Design but each application is assess under its own merits.
Mode of delivery: Face to face, Thursday/Friday, 9am to 5pm.
Duration: One academic year (August/September to May/June)
- BSc (Hons) Architectural Technology (Successful completion of this HNC allows direct entry to Year 2 of the degree with the addition of Architectural Technology 1 Degree Module).
- Employment as a trainee architectural technician.