Performing Engineering Operations (Fabrication and Welding) SVQ 1
Face to face
This is a broad based course designed to introduce you to engineering skills in fabrication and welding. Achievement of this SVQ 1 will encourage you to value your contribution to the workplace while developing your employability skills.
You will learn welding processes, fabrication, thermal cutting techniques, using technical information and efficiently working in a safe manner through effective industrial methods.
You will work on a series of small projects to develop your building engineering skills, including:
• Designing of the projects using drawings and sketches;
• Planning the projects including material, size, shape and technical skills or ability required;
• Preparing by template making, checking for defects, cleaning the material and marking out;
• Cutting by hand tools and mechanical or thermal methods;
• Forming and shaping with a variety of tools and equipment;
• Joining involving welding and mechanical techniques.
Mode of delivery: Face to face, Fridays, 9am to 3.30pm
Duration: One academic year (August/September to May/June)