Skills for Work: Hairdressing
Face to face
This one-year programme will give you a broad introduction to hairdressing. Experience the salon environment and learn about different roles and responsibilities in hairdressing. You will also gain practical experience of general salon duties to support stylists and to assist with customer care. You will practice shampooing, conditioning and blow drying and explore the creative side of hairdressing.
• Hairdressing: Salon Awareness
• Hairdressing: Working in the Salon
• Hairdressing: Employability Skills
• Hairdressing: Creativity
Mode of delivery: Face to face, Friday, 9am to 3.30pm.
Duration: One academic year (August/September to May/June)
• Hairdressing SVQ 2 - SCQF Level 5
• Employment as a salon junior or salon receptionist