+44 (0)1463 273594
Inverness College UHI
1 Inverness Campus
Architectural Technology is a recent discipline within the construction industry which has gained momentum in response to the ever increasing complexity of buildings required to comply with climate change targets.
I worked for a local architectural practice which specialises in ecological construction and was a pioneer in off-site manufacturing using sustainable locally produced materials. My teaching at UHI draws upon that experience and my ongoing professional practice which currently includes development of a rural ‘off-grid’ house build and a rural barn conversion.
My academic research ambitions are yet to be realised, but I continue to undertake research in support of my teaching in Architectural Technology and my professional practice.
Qualifications & Accreditations
- BSc(Hons) in Mechanical Engineering, University of Wales, College of Swansea
- BSc in Architectural Technology, University of the Highlands & Islands, Inverness College
- Chartered Architectural Technologist, MCIAT
- Incorporated Member of the Chartered Institute of Building, ICIOB
- Sustainable construction, off-site manufacture, energy performance of buildings.
- Construction technology for ‘autonomous’ or ‘off-grid’ development.
Current and recent projects
- Rural new build house development in Wester Galcantray
- Barn Conversion in Ardclach