Foundation Apprenticeship: Business Skills
Are you interested in working with people in a business environment while providing solutions to help things run smoothly?
Have you considered a career in business working in Finance, IT , Human Resources or Marketing?Organisations require a broad range of business support services to operate successfully. This Foundation Apprenticeship offers a world of possibilities for anyone interested in this field, and helps develop a unique set of transferable skills, knowledge and behaviours that can be applied to any business.
Get hands on experience and skills that employers want and make your CV stand out!
This Foundation Apprenticeship offers you an exciting opportunity to gain invaluable practical work experience and industry recognised qualifications. Employers will offer a range of activities including industry talks, site visits, projects and work placements which will help enter a future career in a busy business environment
Level SCQF 6
Delivery Face-to-Face | Friday, 9am to 3.30pm
Location Inverness Campus
Duration 2 Year
National Progression Award in Business with IT
Topics covered include:
- Understanding business
- Management of people and finance
- PC Passport: Working with IT software - word processing and presenting information.
- IT in Business: spreadsheet, database and word processing
- Contemporary business issues
SVQ 3 Business and Administration
You will partially complete the SVQ 3 during work placement activity (in year 2 if studying in S5).
Topics covered include:
- Plan how to manage own performance in a business environment
- Communicate in a business environment
- Support other people to work in a business environment
- Design and produce documents in a business environment
- A pupil completing the Foundation Apprenticeship in Business Skills will have achieved a large proportion of the requirements for a Modern Apprenticeship in Business Administration Level 3 and be able to fast-track.
- HNC Business, HNC Accounting or HNC Administration and Information Technology
- BA (Hons) Business Management
You will be expected to achieve three passes at National 5 level ideally including Maths and English.You should enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, be able to work in teams and on your own, customer-focussed and able to solve problems. You will need to work methodically and logically, have a good eye for detail and be open to change. You will have an interest in business and excellent problem-solving and organisational skills.