Degree Module: Nature of Health
You will explore a range of approaches and theories to support the need for a multidisciplinary response to health. You will gain an overview of relevant Scottish/UK health policy and social policies.
Level SCQF 7
Access all of your learning or assessments via Brightspace, our virtual learning environment, or Google classrooms using a mixture of self directed study and online discussion boards.
Duration Available to study in semester one OR semester two (18 weeks), from September to January OR January to June.
• Review a variety of definitions and official accounts of health – personal, lay and professional – and discuss concepts, influences and experiences that affect health and our understanding of it;
• Demonstrate a basic understanding of the causes of health inequality and its impact at different life stages;
• Demonstrate an understanding of quantitative and qualitative methods of measuring health;
• Demonstrate the study skills necessary to apply knowledge of health theory to a defined task requiring investigation by locating, collecting, interpreting, evaluating and using information to develop a coherent argument written at the appropriate level.
- HNC Social Services
- HNC Childhood Practice
- HNC Soft Tissue Therapy
- HNC Coaching and Developing Sport
- HNC Fitness, Health and Exercise
- Health and exercise/ degree level study in care, health and wellbeing depending on additional qualifications and experience.
Students should have one relevant A-C pass at Higher level.