National Progression Award: Sports Development
This award is designed to develop the student’s knowledge and understanding of current practices, thinking and philosophies of sports development and its impact on communities and sport in general.
Level SCQF 6
Delivery Face-to-Face | Friday, 9am to 3.30pm
Location Inverness Campus
Duration 1 Year
- Develop the student’s knowledge and skills in planning, implementing and evaluating aspects of sports development;
- Enhance the student’s prospects for their continuing education in the industry or outside it by the development of transferable skills;
- Enable progression within the Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework (SCQF) and allow students to progress to another level of education, if so desired;
- Further develop study skills and skills in investigating aspects of the industry which are specific to their interests and needs;
- Offer opportunities to develop core skills in a setting relevant to the industry;
- Allow students to acquire some of the basic skills and knowledge required by the industry.
- HNC Fitness, Health and Exercise
- HNC Coaching and Development Sport (with 1 additional Higher at C or above)
- Employment in a sports centre, coaching and outdoor adventure environment.
Three passes at National 5 level. You should have an interest in working in the sports sector.