Skills for Work: Early Learning & Childcare
This course is an introductory qualification that develops the skills, knowledge, and attitudes needed for work in the early learning and childcare sector. This qualification will prepare you for working in the sector, anddevelops transferable employability skills.
Level SCQF 5
Delivery Face-to-Face | Friday, 9am to 3.30pm
Location Inverness Campus
Duration 1 Year
This course covers areas such as the development and wellbeing of children and young people, play in early learning and childcare, and working in early learning and childcare.
- An understanding of the workplace and the employee’s responsibilities (e.g. time-keeping, appearance, customer care)
- Self-evaluation skills
- Positive attitude to learning
- Flexible approaches to solving problems
- Adaptability and positive attitude to change
- Confidence to set goals, reflect and learn from experience
- Skills to become effective job-seekers and employees
One pass at National 4.