Foundation Apprenticeship: Civil Engineering
Are you interested in design and technology, enjoy solving problems and thinking on your feet?
Have you considered a career in Civil Engineering, Quantity Surveying, Construction Management or Architectural Technology?
Civil Engineers and Technicians play a crucial role in shaping our world and are key in all aspects of built environment, from design to construction.
There has never been a better time to be part of the construction industry. Infrastructure projects, renewable energy and regeneration of the area are creating exciting opportunities on your doorstep.
Get hands on experience and skills that employers want and make your CV stand out!
This Foundation Apprenticeship offers you an exciting opportunity to gain invaluable practical work experience and industry recognised qualifications. Working in partnership with local Civil Engineering employers, you will gain a unique insight into the sector helping you to make a more informed decision about your future career and study options.
You will complete a National Certificate in Civil Engineering and 2 units from the SVQ level 3 qualification.
Level SCQF 6
Delivery Face-to-Face | Friday, 9am to 3.30pm
Location Inverness Campus
Duration 2 Year
National Certificate in Civil Engineering
- Civil Engineering Technology
- Civil Engineering Materials
- Mathematics: Craft 1 (embedded) and; Mathematics for Construction Technicians
- Civil Engineering Site Work
- Drawing for Construction
- Mechanics for Construction: An Introduction
- Computer Aided Drafting: An Introduction
- Construction Site Surveying: An Introduction
- Health and Safety in the Construction Industry
- Sustainability in the Construction Industry
- Civil Engineering Project
SVQ level 3
- Health and Safety
- Professional relationships
Possible progression routes include...
Three passes at National 5 including Maths and one STEM subject. Preferably working towards Higher Maths in S6. Applicants should demonstrate a keen interest in working in this sector.