This course will develop your practical skills and increase your knowledge of the construction industry, including career and progression routes available in the sector. You will be introduced to traditional craft and technician units to help inform your decisions and create more awareness of the range of career opportunities.
Learners will develop a range of skills relating to the construction sector and will gain knowledge of:
- job roles within the construction sector
- the needs of customers in the construction sector
- task management skills required to carry out and complete a vocational project
- health and safety and sustainability in construction
Level SCQF 4
Delivery Face-to-Face | Friday, 9am to 3.30pm
Location Inverness Campus
Duration 1 Year
The course aims to:
- offer learners the opportunity to develop a range of skills and knowledge in relation to Construction Industry.
- develop core skills which will enhance their employability prospects.
- give learners the technical knowledge, skills and understanding associated with a range of craft and technician skills in construction at this level.
- develop an awareness that health and safety issues are central to the world of work, and in particular to the construction industry.
- enable learners to develop and apply practical, technical and communication skills as a foundation for future learning and progression.
- encourage learners to develop a positive attitude to waste minimisation and environmental issues.
- encourage learners to apply their knowledge and understanding of construction by using skills of evaluation and problem solving in a vocational context.
- prepare learners for further learning opportunities, study and training for employment in construction and the built environment sectors and related occupations.
No formal entry requirements. Learners should be capable of working independently at this level.