Foundation Apprenticeship: Creative and Digital Media
Are you creative and interested in a career in film, tv, radio, computer gaming or online media?
This Foundation Apprenticeship is an exciting opportunity to develop skills that are valued by employers within a fast growing and diverse sector.
Employers are looking for people who understand visual communications and understand how to build communications through the web and social media platforms, have design or technical skills, but are also multi-skilled and adaptable.
Get hands on experience and skills that employers want and make your CV stand out!
This Foundation Apprenticeship offers you an exciting opportunity to gain invaluable practical work experience and industry recognised qualifications. Working in partnership with local employers, you will gain a unique insight into the sector helping you to make a more informed decision about your future career and study options.
Level SCQF 6
Delivery Face to Face | Friday, 9am to 3.30pm
Location Inverness Campus
Duration 2 Year
National Progression Award in Creative and Digital Media: Technologies, Processes and Practices
- Creative Industries: an introduction – Scotland
- Creative Industries: understanding a creative brief
- Media: understanding the creative process
- Storytelling for the creative industries
Diploma in Creative and Digital Media
- Work effectively with others in the creative industries
- Ensure your own actions reduce risks to health and safety
- Communicating using digital marketing/sales channels
- Use digital and social media in marketing campaigns
Possible progression routes include:
Three passes at National 5.
You should be capable of working at SCQF Level 6 (the same level as a Higher)
You should enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, be able to work in teams and on your own, customer-focussed and able to solve problems.
You will be able to demonstrate an understanding of the sector and have an interest in working in it.