Higher Application of Mathematics
This qualification will help you to develop highly desirable business and industry skills. In addition to developing your skills to analyse complex real-life situations you will also learn to use software packages such as Excel and R statistical software to solve business finance and mathematical modelling problems and projects.
Level SCQF 5
Delivery Blended | Friday 9am - 4pm
Attend timetabled classes at college, your school or online for some of your learning and assessments. You will also access Brightspace, our virtual learning environment, or Google classrooms for self-directed study.
Location Remote/Face to Face
Duration 1 Year
- analyse complex real-life situations and problems involving mathematics;
- select and apply skills in finance, statistics and probability, data modelling, and planning and decision making;
- communicate mathematical information with complex features;
- select and apply skills in numeracy;
- use mathematical reasoning skills to extract and interpret information and draw conclusions or justify decisions;
- use software where appropriate, for example to model and analyse statistical, mathematical, and financial problems.
Three National 5 passes including National 5 Mathematics or National 5 Applications of Mathematics.