Skills for Work: Rural Skills
This course has been designed to provide a broad basis for progression into further education and training in the land-based and forestry sector. You will begin to some of the practical skills necessary to work in these disciplines as well as an explore the very diverse employment prospects that exist.
Level SCQF 4
Delivery Face-to-Face | Friday, 9am to 3.30pm
Location Scottish School of Forestry
Duration 1 Year
- Introduction to the various disciplines of the land-based sector;
- Development of a basic knowledge of a selection of land-based industries and related job roles;
- Experience of an outdoor working environment;
- Development of understanding of the very flexible requirements of the individual who works in the land-based sector;
- Development of awareness of health and safety issues that are integral to a career in a land-based industry;
- Development of technical knowledge, skills and understanding of some of the commonly used practical skills associated with land based industries at this level;
- Preparation for more focused further learning opportunities, study and training for employment in land-based industries.
No formal entry requirements. Learners should be capable of working independently at this level.