Frequently Asked Questions


Below are a number of questions that we get asked, about coming to College for the first time or about progressing from one course to another. If your question is not listed below, please contact us to discuss it.

How do I apply for EMA/Bursary Funding?

Information will be sent to you regarding how to apply for student funding, once you have an unconditional offer and have firmly accepted your place. Applications must be made online, each year and requires all documentary evidence requested, to be provided before your application can be assessed. Please contact the Funding Team for further information.

How do I apply for SAAS funding?

SAAS funding is for students on all Higher Education courses. You must apply every year for your funding. SAAS aims to have your funding in place at the start of your programme, for all correctly completed applications received before 30th June. The Student Support Team can advise and support you with your application

Where can I get help with my UCAS application?

For tips and advice on completing your UCAS application, visit the UCAS website. The Student Support Team also offer advice and support to complete your application.

I can't log into my Student Hub - who should I contact?

Please contact the UHI IT Helpdesk at or click on the Unidesk tile on MyDay. You will need  your student ID number.

I need some assistance with my re-enrolment process - who should I contact?

Please contact the Student Records Team at or visit the Student Support Centre

I've moved house and want to inform the College of my new address - how do I do this?

Sign into your Student Hub. From there, you can enter a new permanent home address or a new local/term-time address

I need a letter to show that I am a student - who do I contact?

A Study Status letter can be found on your Student Hub, and will show that you are a student. Your approved programme of study and your start and expected end dates, are displayed on the letter. The letter may be used for accommodation, Council Tax reduction or job references.

I need a letter to open a bank account, who should I contact?

Before being issued with a Bank Letter, you are required to complete a bank letter request form, available from Student Support Centre. Please complete the form and hand it to the Student Support Team, allowing 24 hours for the letter to be created

What can I do next, having completed my course?

Current students wishing to progress to the next level of course, should apply as early as possible for the next session. If you need help or advice on progression, the Student Support Team, your course Tutor or Personal Development Advisor, will be able to help and advise you.